Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thanks for your concern...

The last couple weeks have been a little bit crazy. I have had several "concerned" persons asking if I am ok due to the lack of posts. All those heckling...I mean asking me about posting, I apologize, and succumb to your requests...

Caleb is currently across the country learning apple-y things, so before he left, there were a couple projects that needed completion, therefore packing days full of work and running errands. Before he left, we wanted to paint the bathroom and get the laundry room ready for them to deliver our very own washer and dryer this week! The laundromat days are numbered for us, a bittersweet end to that time in our lives :)

Most of the rooms in our house need a ceiling treatment of some sort, but the bathroom ceiling (due to the contractor's work), was nearly complete and just needed priming and painting. Because of this, we were able to do the "real" paint job in the bathroom. We bought tinted primer and "Luau Green" from Sherwin Williams (I've had a swatch of this color ripped out of a magazine for about a year now).

The primer ended up looking like smashed peas on our walls. We were a little frightened the paint color would have the same, unappetizing color, but painted on. Here is the primer with all the plastic:


And the end result:

This chandelier was installed around 2:30 a.m. the morning Caleb had to leave. Apparently, we needed a little humor in our lives that morning because as soon as Caleb had wired it up, we realized we hadn't put the tiniest piece on to enable the base and ceiling medallion to stay against the ceiling. Silly us. Not funny at 2:30 a.m. But still glamorous:


Ignore the pig-colored trim color in the hallway. Just kidding, it's hard to.

This was another late night project the night before Caleb left for CA. He needed to cut the hole for the dryer vent. We bought the necessary tools and cut the 4 1/2 inch hole in our wall. He did a great job, but cutting through plaster almost guarantees a nasty looking mark. Pieces around the vent crumbled and I did my best to paint around it. While Caleb has been gone, I painted the ceiling and walls in here. I'm tired of painting.

Also, since the last post, we have been able to move our furniture down and have been living like normal people. Sorry I didn't clean my house for the pictures. You'll forgive me, I know.




Here's a peek at part of what our ceiling in the dining/living room looks like since the popcorn removal. This is Caleb's favorite spot on the ceiling because he thinks it looks like cartoon scissors.


Happy Friday eve!

3 comments:

  1. i can finally concentrate on studying since the anticipation was killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I want to "use" that bathroom.
    2. Floors look awesome.
    3. Thanks for letting me live the life of a homeowner vicariously through you.

    Love,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete