Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Merry Christmas! It was a very nice day today, I was running errands in a T-shirt. Pretty good for December 24. I got our first Christmas decoration today from Hobby Lobby for under $4, and it satisfied my need to decorate something. I also set out a red candle I got as a gift from work and felt rather Christmas-y.


Christmas Chloe.

The bathroom has been tiled! Everything but the shower door should be finished by Tuesday. So they say.


This was an interesting little surprise the other night. We set out to clean the kitchen, and I was starting to scrub on the backsplash of the oven under running hot water (it was really quite dirty) and noticed that white flecks were starting to flake off. I thought, great, crappy quality oven. Took a closer look, and it looked like paint. Indeed it was. With more investigation, we found they had spray painted the entire top surface of the oven. Why? We're not really quite sure. The only explanation is that they spray painted the grates because they were gross looking, but then they didn't match the surface, so they just spray painted the whole thing. (Is this really something you expect to do??) Caleb scraping off spray paint:

I didn't take a picture of the 'after', but it really looks a lot better and its really a nice oven.

Getting ready to knock down this wall between the kitchen pantry and the bedroom closet. We are enlarging the bedroom closet and bringing the wall in towards the kitchen. We aren't going to use it as a pantry but a laundry "room". I don't really think it can be called a room, but you get the point.

With the wall knocked down and the hookups for the washer/dryer in place. Now about that washer and dryer...

Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment